Aller au contenu principal

Residence permit

A residence permit is compulsory for stays of more than 3 months in Switzerland.

Le Welcome Center is unable to answer your questions about your residence permit. Depending on your situation, please direct your questions to the appropriate person:

  • If you do not receive a salary from the University of Geneva (scholarship holder, visiting researcher, etc.), please address your questions to the Academic Mobility Service or to your HR advisor, who will in most cases take care of the application. 
  • If you are employed by the University of Geneva, your HR advisor at the University will take care of the application.
  • For family reunification, if your HR advisor / the Academic Mobility Service does not handle the permit application, you can contact the Welcome Center for support.

ATTENTION: you must inform the OCPM of any change of address (in French only).

If you wish to call on external organisations that offer personalised services (sometime for a fee), you can choose from the following non-exhaustive list:

You can find: