How to Spot a Fraudulent Ad
Unfortunately, fraudulent ads are a reality on all accommodation search engines. Therefore, you need to be very careful.
Below are some links providing advice on how to spot fraudulent ads and adopt the right reflexes:
- Fake listings: advice on how to avoid online scams
- Beware: fake ad fraud
- Apartment rental scams (in French only)
Some agencies usurp the title of relocation agency and publish ads on housing portals. Many of them are not to be trusted.
To spot (and thus avoid) ads published by useless intermediaries, you can follow the advice below:
- The precise address of the property is not given in the ad.
- There is a mention of agency fees or commission.
- There is a registration fee of a few hundred francs to access an ad or visit the flat.
- The agency is not a member of the USPI.